The War Of The Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused



This is a “grindhouse” version of George Lucas’s Star Wars (episode 4 A New Hope). Some of the deleted scenes, alternate takes and behind the scene footage are now back in the movie. New music. New special effects. Key scenes have been reorganized. INTENTION & EDITING DETAILS: To complete a “grindhouse double feature” I needed a second movie. (First JAWS: The Sharksploitation Edit, now The War Of The Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused)Â  When you talk about “grindhouse double feature” Planet Terror/Death Proof comes to mind, and what people usualy says?… “Damn, Planete Terror was fun, but Death Proof was a bore!”

 Personally I like Death Proof a lot but I can understand why people felt it was boring. I hope this edit will not bore you too much! I took as an advice a comment on my JAWS edit who said it was “too long for mockery” so I made the overal lenght quite short this time. I want to thanks Puggo for letting me use his 16mm preservation work, known as The Puggo Grande. I just zoomed and cropped it for it to have a more “Star Warsish” aspect ratio. (so the picture quality of the Puggo Grande is better, I wanted to point out that fact.) Only I think that quality loss helped me a lot to blend some documentary footage back in the movie. And THAT is one of the main purpose of this edit: to bring back a lot of deleted scenes and various footage. Does it make it a better movie? Hell no. This is a cheap version of Star Wars. Hopefully fun for the fans to watch. In the bonus of the DVD you’ll find a little slideshow video showing some of the various shots added. Please do NOT watch this video before the edit itself! SPECIAL THANKS: To everyone at originaltrilogy.com and to Doubleofive who came with the idea of R2D2’s subtitles. AWARDS: Winner of the January 2010 Fanedit Of The Month Contest on Fanedit.org:





1080P         720P         BLU-RAY          HPRIP         DV         DVDRIP         X264


RATE.............. 7.2/10 (81,841 votes)
FiLES.................. 1
SiZE................... 896Mb
SOURCE................. NTSC
VIDEO CODEC............ XVID
VIDEO SiZE............. 608x272
VIDEO FRAMERATE........ 25.00fps 461Kbps
AUDIO CODEC............ Mp3 112Kbps